Root Beer Barbecue Seitan "Wings"
Author: The Nut-Free Vegan
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: 4 servings
- For the root beer barbecue sauce
- 1 ½ cups root beer
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. agave
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- ¼ tsp. liquid smoke
- ½ Tbsp. ground mustard
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 2 packages seitan (I used Upton’s Naturals Traditional Seitan)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Add sauce ingredients to small mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- Bring sauce to boil in saucepan and reduce to a simmer. Heat until it starts to thicken, about 15 minutes.
- Mix sauce and seitan in mixing bowl until thoroughly coated.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place wings in single layer.
- Bake until wings begin to crisp, about 25 minutes.
Serving size: ¼ of recipe Calories: About 400
Recipe by The Nut-Free Vegan at http://thenutfreevegan.net/root-beer-barbecue-seitan-wings/