Cauliflower Rice Risotto with Peas
Author: The Nut-Free Vegan
Recipe type: Entree or Side
Serves: About 6 cups
- ½ medium cauliflower, grated into “rice”
- 1 tsp. oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup peas
- 3 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp. Italian parsley, chopped
- Salt to taste
- “Rice” cauliflower with medium box grater.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or other deep pan and add onions. Cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cauliflower and cook 5 more minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to boil, then reduce to simmer. Cook 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in peas, butter and nutritional yeast. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add parsley and salt, cook 1 minute, then remove from heat and serve.
Serving size: 1 cup Calories: About 150
Recipe by The Nut-Free Vegan at http://thenutfreevegan.net/cauliflower-rice-risotto-with-peas/