Coffee Scones with Maple Glaze
Recipe type: Pastry
Serves: 6 scones
- For the scones
- 2 cups pastry flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup soy milk
- 1 Tbsp. coffee
- For the icing
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. soy milk
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. maple flavor
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Cut cold butter into mixture, add in milk and coffee.
- Mix ingredients thoroughly and knead for 2 minutes on lightly floured surface.
- Roll dough into ¾”-thick circle and cut into 6 pie pieces.
- Place on parchment paper-covered baking sheet and put in oven for 10 minutes.
- While scones bake, mix icing ingredients together.
- Let scones cool on baking rack for 10 minutes and then brush on icing.
Serving size: 1 scone Calories: About 350
Recipe by The Nut-Free Vegan at http://thenutfreevegan.net/coffee-scones-maple-glaze/