Pasta with Asparagus, Mushrooms and "Bacon"
Author: The Nut-Free Vegan
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: About 4 bowls
- 1 package vegan bacon (I used Lightlife Smart Bacon)
- 1 16-oz. box penne
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 6 stalks), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. vegan butter
- Prepare bacon and penne according to package instructions.
- Heat oil over medium heat in deep frying pan, add asparagus.
- Cook for 5 minutes, add mushrooms and garlic. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- While vegetables cook, heat soy milk, nutritional yeast and butter in small saucepan over low heat. Stir continually until it begins to thicken and set aside.
- Add pasta, bacon and cream sauce to vegetables and mix thoroughly. Cook for 1 more minute, remove from heat and serve immediately.
Serving size: ¼ of recipe Calories: About 375
Recipe by The Nut-Free Vegan at http://thenutfreevegan.net/pasta-with-asparagus-mushrooms-and-bacon/