Easy Tofu Teriyaki Skewers
Author: The Nut-Free Vegan
Recipe type: Appetizer or Entree
Serves: 16 skewers
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. agave
- 3 Tbsp. corn starch
- 2 (14 oz.) packages firm tofu, pressed and dried
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- Mix all ingredients except tofu in a large mixing bowl.
- Slice each brick of tofu into 8 strips and place in marinade. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Put skewer in one end of each tofu strip and grill tofu for 3 minutes on each side.
- Top with sesame seeds and serve.
This recipe can be made gluten-free with the proper soy sauce.
Serving size: 1 skewer Calories: About 80
Recipe by The Nut-Free Vegan at http://thenutfreevegan.net/easy-tofu-teriyaki-skewers/