Caprese Salad Grilled Cheese
Author: The Nut-Free Vegan
Recipe type: Sandwich
Serves: 1 sandwich
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. vegan mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 slices of bread (I used sourdough, but whatever you prefer will work)
- 2–3 slices of Field Roast Creamy Original Chao Slices or your preferred vegan mozzarella
- 2 thick tomato slices
- 4 basil leaves, cut
- Mix balsamic vinegar with mayonnaise and coat one side of each slice of bread.
- Heat oil over low heat in frying pan and add one slice of bread, mayonnaise-side down.
- Layer “cheese,” tomato and basil onto bread and top with remaining slice—mayonnaise-side up.
- Cook until cheese begins to melt and bread turns brown, about 5 minutes. Turn sandwich over and repeat.
Serving size: 1 sandwich Calories: About 375
Recipe by The Nut-Free Vegan at http://thenutfreevegan.net/caprese-salad-grilled-cheese/