Summer Melon Gazpacho
Author: The Nut-Free Vegan
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: About 6 cups
- 5 cups watermelon, cubed
- 2 cups cantaloupe, cubed
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 large yellow pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- juice from one lime
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup basil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Set aside a few pieces of pepper and basil to garnish your bowls.
- Place melon in blender and blend for about 20 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend for another 30 seconds so the mixture is blended but retains some texture.
- Chill for 2 hours and then serve with peppers and basil garnish.
This recipe is gluten-free.
Gazpacho is a pretty versatile recipe, so you can sub in other types of fruits and/or vegetables to tailor it to your taste.
Serving size: 1 cup Calories: About 120
Recipe by The Nut-Free Vegan at http://thenutfreevegan.net/summer-melon-gazpacho/