Black Forest Cookies
Author: The Nut-Free Vegan
Recipe type: Baked Goods
Serves: 24 cookies
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup vegan butter, cut into small pieces
- Egg replacer equal to 2 eggs (I used flax seed and water)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 package semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- 1½ cups dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Melt butter and whisk in "eggs" and vanilla extract.
- Whisk in dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips and cherries.
- Roll the mixture into 2" balls and line on baking sheets, leaving 2" of space between them.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they're done inside.
- Cool on baking trays for 1 minute and then transfer to a baking rack to finish cooling.
Serving size: 1 cookie Calories: About 200
Recipe by The Nut-Free Vegan at http://thenutfreevegan.net/black-forest-cookies/