Winter Detox Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
Author: The Nut-Free Vegan
Recipe type: Salad
Serves: About 4 plates
- For the Sweet Potatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into large cubes
- 1Tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- For the Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 4 cups kale, chopped and massaged
- 2 cups shredded Brussels sprouts
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400º. Toss sweet potatoes with oil, salt and pepper and spread out evenly on a large baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes (or until tender), tossing again at 15 minutes.
- Mix vinaigrette in large bowl. Add kale and massage dressing into it for 1 minute. Add sweet potatoes.
- Portion mixture out onto plates and top evenly with remaining ingredients.
This recipe is gluten-free.
Serving size: ¼ of recipe Calories: About 275
Recipe by The Nut-Free Vegan at http://thenutfreevegan.net/winter-detox-salad-with-orange-vinaigrette/