SBJ and J (SunButter, Jelly and Jalapeño)
Author: The Nut-Free Vegan
Recipe type: Sandwich
Serves: 1 sandwich
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 2 slices of your favorite bread (I use Whole Foods’ Whole Wheat)
- 2 Tbsp. Sunbutter Natural Crunch or other nut-free butter
- 2 Tbsp. jelly (grape and strawberry work best with the peppers)
- Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil over low-medium heat in frying pan; add jalapeno and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Spread SunButter on 1 slice bread. Add jelly to the other slice.
- Heat remaining oil and place bread plain side down in oil, moving it around to make sure pieces are coated evenly on bottom. Cook about 2 minutes.
- Add jalapenos to jelly and combine bread slices to form sandwich. Cook until brown on both sides, about 3 minutes each.
There are quite a few alternatives to nut butter out there. Here is a list of five
that would work pretty well with this recipe.
Serving size: 1 sandwich Calories: 400 calories
Recipe by The Nut-Free Vegan at http://thenutfreevegan.net/sbj-and-j-sunbutter-jelly-and-jalapeno/