Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Strawberries
Author: The Nut-Free Vegan
Recipe type: Side
Serves: About 4 servings
- Balsamic strawberries
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup stemmed and sliced strawberries
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- Brussels sprouts
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- About 24 Brussels sprouts, quartered
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Heat balsamic in small saucepan over medium heat, just until boiling; reduce heat to low and simmer until it reduces to half its volume.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; increase heat to medium and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil over medium heat and sauté garlic 30 seconds.
- Add Brussels sprouts and cook 4 to 5 minutes, until they are tender and bright green. Add salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and stir in balsamic strawberries.
This recipe is gluten-free.
Serving size: About ½ cup Calories: 50
Recipe by The Nut-Free Vegan at http://thenutfreevegan.net/sauteed-brussels-sprouts-with-balsamic-strawberries/