(TLT) Tempeh Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato
Author: The Nut-Free Vegan
Recipe type: Sandwich
Serves: 2 sandwiches
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. agave
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. liquid smoke
- 1 (8-oz.) package tempeh
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup vegan mayo (I use Earth Balance Mindful Mayo)
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 cup romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 slices bread, lightly toasted
- In large bowl, mix soy sauce, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, agave, paprika, and liquid smoke.
- Slice tempeh in thin slices and marinade for 2 minutes in liquid mixture.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil over medium heat in skillet; add tempeh.
- Cook for about 2 minutes and turn over to other side, then cook for another 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl mash avocado and mix in mayo; stir until smooth.
- Spread mayo on each piece of bread; add half tempeh, lettuce, and tomato.
With the proper bread this recipe can be gluten-free.
Serving size: 1 sandwich Calories: 200
Recipe by The Nut-Free Vegan at http://thenutfreevegan.net/tempeh-lettuce-and-tomato-with-avocado-mayo/