I’m posting a day late this week because I’ve managed to only be two recipes ahead for the site somehow, and I was out of town all weekend. Laura and I went to Washington D.C. to visit family and to participate in the March For Our Lives rally. It was really something to see. Everywhere we looked there were throngs of people holding signs and chanting. On stage, musicians like Miley Cyrus and Common performed, and the kids from Parkland High School and the granddaughter of Martin Luther King, Jr. spoke. I’ve been to many protests over the years, but this one and the Women’s March last year have been the most powerful I’ve ever seen.
But I digress. Let’s get to the recipe!
Last year I made some Buffalo Cauliflower Bites, which turned out to be a reader favorite. These Sriracha Agave Buffalo “Wings” are a great companion to those. They have a similar heat, but are also cooled down by sweetness. And like those Buffalo Bites, these are super easy to make. Both recipes would make a great party platter together.
I used Tiger Nuts flour for the first time with this recipe and it worked well. It’s made from “tubers,” which I don’t completely understand, but I know they’re good. Plus, the flour is gluten-free.
I think you’ll really love these Sriracha Agave Cauliflower “Wings.” Even if you’re not a fan of heat, the sweetness will win you over. So give them a try and let me know what you think in the comments below.
- ½ cup flour (I used Tiger Nuts flour)
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 4 tsp. Olive oil
- ¼ cup agave
- ½ cup sriracha
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and water. Add cauliflower and stir to coat.
- Place cauliflower on a parchment-lined baking sheet and put in oven for 15 minutes.
- While cauliflower cooks, mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and brush with sauce, coating thoroughly.
- Return to oven for another 15 minutes or until cauliflower is soft.