Wouldn’t every day be awesome if you could start it with a milk shake? Well, rejoice, friends, because that’s essentially what you’re doing with this “Peanut Butter” Banana Chia Protein Shake—except it’s packed with nutrients and you won’t have to walk around under a cloud of shame all day.
This drink is perfect for the morning because not only is it full of protein and antioxidants, but it’s also super easy to make; the whole thing takes about five minutes. So hit the snooze button and rest easy knowing you’ll still be able to get a bunch of protein and some antioxidants (not to mention a totally tasty treat!) on your way out the door.
"Peanut Butter" Banana Chia Protein Shake
- 1 banana sliced and frozen
- 1 tsp. nut-free butter I used Wowbutter
- 2 Tbsp. protein powder preferably Manitoba Harvest Hemp Pro
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1-1/2 cups coconut milk
- Add first three ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glass and top with a sprinkle of chia seeds and a banana slice.