Smoothie bowls are kind of a new thing to me. I’ve seen them around for a while now, but I never got the point. Why not just have a smoothie (like this Avocado Green Super Smoothie, perhaps)? But once I tried one I was an immediate convert. Super awesome toppings with a creamy smoothie base is such a great idea.
There are so many ways to make one of these excellent bowls—here are 11. You just pick a fruit base, blend it up with a plant-based milk of your choice, add some toppings and voilà! A super healthy (usually), super tasty smoothie bowl that’s perfect for breakfast or any time, really. I love to down one of these first thing on weekend mornings and then get on with making some recipes. With the right ingredients these smoothie bowls not only nourish you, but also provide you with a ton of energy.
Give this bowl a try and let me know what you think in the comments below. I’d also love to hear what kinds of things you like to put in your own smoothie bowl recipes!
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen banana, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup plant-based milk (I used soy because the thickness is perfect for this)
- 1 Tbsp. agave
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder (optional)
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- Blend frozen blueberries, frozen banana, soy milk, agave and protein powder in a blender until smooth. Pour into bowl.
- Top with remaining ingredients and enjoy!