One of my favorite things to eat in just about any form is potatoes. French fried, baked, mashed; I love them all. Unfortunately, they’re riddled with carbs and not all that great for you. So I was grateful when I came across this cauliflower mash about a year ago. It’s not potatoes, but it’s mighty close.
This recipe is adapted from one I have for mashed potatoes, but it has way fewer calories. It contains garlic and one of the tastiest herbs ever, rosemary. Plus, it’s so unbelievably easy that once you make it, you might never eat actual potatoes again. It’s fast, delicious and gluten-free to boot!
Rosemary and Garlic Cauliflower Mash
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp. rosemary chopped
- 1 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pad vegan butter
- Fill stockpot with 2 inches water; bring to boil.
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces; place in water. Cover partially with lid and cook until pieces are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in small frying pan and add garlic and rosemary. Sautée about 90 seconds, until fragrant.
- Drain water from cauliflower and place in food processor or blender. Add remaining ingredients and blend until pureed.
- Serve immediately with pad of vegan butter.