Italian food is pretty great. I think we can all agree upon that. But it’s even better when it’s super easy to make and pretty much bite-sized. I’m kind of a messy noodle eater with sauce always ending up on my face like a little kid, so if I can get some Italian food that I can poke a fork into and fit all the way into my mouth without slurping and making a mess, I’m all for it.
This Lasagna Roll-Up recipe is basically the same as regular lasagna except it’s in cute little rolls—kind of like the Italian version of these Chipotle Lentil Taquitos. The filling is a really simple tofu-based ricotta “cheese” that I got from Happy Herbivore and it’s super good. Better than actual ricotta if you ask me.
So if you’re looking for an insanely easy, really tasty weeknight dinner, these Lasagna Roll-Ups are for you. Give ‘em a try and let me know how it goes in the comments below. And don’t forget to tag @nutfreevegan on social media so I can see your awesome creations!
- 1 16 oz. box lasagna noodles
- 14 oz. package extra-firm tofu
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- 1 24 oz. jar marinara
- 2 cups Daiya mozzarella shreds
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package and set aside to cool.
- While noodles are cooking prepare tofu ricotta according to these instructions and stir in spinach.
- Line the bottom of a large baking dish with a thin layer of marinara.
- Cut noodles in half and add one spoonful of tofu ricotta to one end of each. Roll up and place in baking dish. Once all rollups are ready, top with additional marinara and Daiya mozzarella.
- Bake for 12 minutes.