There’s a really great Mediterranean fast food chain in NYC called Maoz. I usually get the falafel salad with hummus, and then it’s on to the amazing toppings bar. There, you can get everything from chickpea salad to tabbouleh, and tons of other stuff, too. My favorite, though, is the baked broccoli and cauliflower. I end up loading my bowl with more of that than the falafel or hummus.
Of course, when I find things like that out on the town I want to re-create them at home. That’s what I did here.
This roasted broccoli is simple to make: Toss it and then throw it in the oven. It makes a great side dish when you’re short on time. And it goes really well with falafel salad.
Give this a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Roasted Broccoli with Garlic
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 4 medium heads broccoli separated into florets
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Mix all ingredients except broccoli together in medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add broccoli and toss to coat.
- Move onto baking sheet and place into oven, bake for 20 minutes.