Chickpeas are a real go-to for me. I eat them nearly every day and never get bored because they’re so versatile. They can be the hero of the dish (as with this Easy Chickpea Salad), a complimentary addition to an already flavorful recipe (this Fattoush Nachos with Crispy Za’atar Roasted Chickpeas from The Full Helping is a great example), or . . . awesome hummus.
Of course, they’re also just great on their own. That’s what’s happening here; these Roasted Jerk Chickpeas make an awesome snack when you’re on an airplane or hiking, or need a little pick-me-up in the middle of the workday. They’re super flavorful and protein-rich—perfect!
They’re also really easy to make, so give these a try and let me know what you think in the comments below. I think you’re going to love them.
Roasted Jerk Chickpeas
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. allspice
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. muchi curry
- ¾ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 15 oz. cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in medium bowl.
- In another bowl, coat chickpeas with oil thoroughly.
- Add chickpeas to jerk mix and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Add to a parchment-lined baking pan and bake for 20 minutes, stirring every five minutes along the way.