If you’re like me you’re recognizing that Christmas is only a few days out and there are still presents to be bought. That’s how it ends up being every year in my case. But even when thew gifts are wrapped and ready to go I’m still thinking at the last minute about some kind of treat I can bring to the family get together. Some years it’s a tasty side dish for the dinner table and others it’s a sweet treat like this one that I’ll be bringing along this year.
These easy-to-make Black Forest Cookies are sure to please everyone, whether it’s the holidays or any other time of year. They’re rich and chewy, and the cherries give a great balance of sweet and tart. Plus they’re super simple to make at only twenty minutes.
These cookies make a great gift, too. Not only do they look good inside a festive holiday tin and taste amazing, but they’re homemade, which everybody loves. If you have a Secret Santa or somebody you don’t want to spend a lot of money on, these are a great way to give something that’s delicious and are also made with care.
Whatever you do with these Black Forest Cookies, they’re sure to please. So do give them a try and let me know what you think in the comments below. Or tag @nutfreevegan on social media.
Happy holidays, everyone. I wish nothing but the absolute best for all of you in 2019!
Black Forest Cookies
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup vegan butter cut into small pieces
- Egg replacer equal to 2 eggs I used my Flax Seed Egg recipe
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 package semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Melt butter and whisk in "eggs" and vanilla extract.
- Whisk in dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips and cherries.
- Roll the mixture into 2" balls and line on baking sheets, leaving 2" of space between them.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they're done inside.
- Cool on baking trays for 1 minute and then transfer to a baking rack to finish cooling.