Summer is coming and you’re going to need some refreshing recipes to beat the heat. That’s why I got cracking in the kitchen with a few things that are going to cool you down on those hot days, starting with this concoction that’s basically a cocktail on a stick.
These Piña Colada Popsicles are the perfect treat for when you’re outside soaking up some rays or having a picnic. They’re super easy to make with only five ingredients; they’re also pretty low-calorie at only 185 per serving. And the best part of all: they’re filled with booze!
Just like a regular Piña Colada, rum plays a big part in these popsicles. You can go up or down with the amount, depending on how happy you want to get, or you can even omit it altogether by subbing in rum extract. That’ll give you a similar flavor without the actual alcohol.
My wife and I are huge popsicle fans when the weather’s warm, so these are going to be a freezer staple for us over the next five months. They pair well with a lot of things on The Nut-Free Vegan, too, like maybe some Authentic Mexican Salsa or some delicious Chipotle Lentil Taquitos.
Whatever you eat them with, these Piña Colada Popsicles are sure to be just what you’re looking for throughout the summer. So give them a try and let me know what you think in the comments below. And be sure to share the recipe through the social media buttons if you love it!
Piña Colada Popsicles
- 1 can 13.5 oz. full-fat coconut milk
- 1 can 5.4 oz. coconut cream
- 1½ cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 2 Tbsp. agave
- 2 oz. rum or 1 Tbsp. rum extract for a non-alcoholic version
- Place all ingredients except ½ cup of pineapple chunks in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds and add remaining pineapple evenly throughout.
- Follow mold directions for adding popsicle sticks and place in freezer for at least 3 hours or until popsicles are solid.