Happy new year, everyone! We’re one week into 2020 and I hope it’s going well for all of you. This past week has been an extension of the hectic energy of the holidays for me, but things are starting to settle down a bit and I’m finding a groove. Thank goodness, because I have a lot of recipes to make, starting with this one for Orange Chipotle Cauliflower Wings.
Since it’s January I’m starting to think about Super Bowl foods because the game is less than a month away now. This year is going to be a bit strange for me because instead of watching it on TV—Laura and I ultimately use the game as an excuse to make a bunch of appetizers and half-heartedly watch commercials—we’ll be in Miami. She’s actually attending the game as part of her My Father’s List project. One of the items on her dad’s bucket list was “Go to the Super Bowl,” so she’s doing it this year. But it’s crazy expensive, so while she’s in the stadium with all the football fans I’ll be hanging out in the city, looking for some great vegan food. If you have any recommendations, definitely let me know!
If you’re watching from home, you’ll want to make sure you’re serving up these delicious Orange Chipotle Cauliflower Wings. Normally things like this are breaded, but I’m trying to keep the recipes a little healthier—at least most of them, anyway—on the site these days, so I made them flour-free. That’s good for gluten-free folks, too. But these wings aren’t totally naked! They’re coated with a super flavorful combination of sweet orange juice and smoky chipotle peppers. The two work perfectly together to create an amazing taste that you’ll definitely love. And they’re really easy to make, too. Just roast the cauliflower for 20 minutes, toss it in the sauce and stick it back in the oven for another 10 minutes. So simple!
More Super Bowl Snacks
- Seitan White Bean Chili
- Beyond Burger Dirty Rice
- Barbecue Tempeh Ribs
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Root Beer Barbecue Seitan Wings
Tell Me What You Think
As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts on this recipe if you make it. So drop me a comment below, and be sure to tag @nutfreevegan on social media if you’re posting photos. Plus, it’s always super fun to see these dishes out in the wild!
- Juice from ½ lime
- 1 tsp. agave or maple syrup
- 1 large head cauliflower
- Juice from 3 oranges (or 1 cup orange juice)
- ½ tsp. ground corriander
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 chipotle chiles, finely diced
- ¼ cup adobo sauce
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut cauliflower into evenly sized florets and spread evenly on baking sheet.
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes. Flip cauliflower and return to oven for another 10 minutes.
- While cauliflower roasts, add remaining ingredients to a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and toss in bowl with sauce. Return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dip.
*Adapted from this recipe by Inspired Taste.